The term “teacher” and “study helper” are used interchangeably in this document and by World Bible School.
The Spirit of this Agreement
World Bible School (WBS) courses teach important Christian doctrines. Not all people who claim to be Christians hold to these doctrines. Simple integrity requires people who claim to teach and represent WBS should be consistent with the WBS courses and willing to teach simple New Testament Christianity.
WBS, therefore, reserves the right to deny a study helper application or to disqualify an existing WBS study helper from the program. Any denial of application or disqualification should not be seen as a judgment on any person’s relationship with Christ, but rather a way for WBS to keep its integrity, consistent student experience and remain accountable to its leaders and supporters.
Statement of Belief
World Bible School study helpers agree to live by and teach by the following statement:
“As a WBS Study Helper, I agree I am a member, in good standing, of the Lord’s church. Christ has added me to God’s family when I trusted His Gospel, repented of my sins and, as a believer, received immersion for the removal of my sins.”
Teachers who fail to live and teach by this standard will be disqualified from teaching with World Bible School.
Study Helper Age Policy
World Bible School study helpers must be at least 13 years old.
World Bible School study helpers who are between the ages of 13-17 may only help students who are also between 13-17. Students who are under 13 years old may only study through postal mail.
Study Helper Responsibilities
World Bible School Study Helpers will be responsible for performing these tasks and/or contact the Support team with questions and/or concerns:
- Will review the Help Tutorials as part of the study helper orientation
- Will review the WBS courses and “help” processes prior to adopting students
- Will adopt students from individual or congregation student boards or from the general student boards within four weeks of study helper activation
- Will communicate with the students by “introducing themselves” to students they adopt within 48 to 72 hours of adopting
- Will respond to lessons ready for grading and messages from students within one week of submission for grading
- Will utilize the WBS Follow-up system after the student has shown readiness for baptism or requested other Follow-up action and granted permission for contact information to be shared with Follow-up contacts
- Will update their study helper contact information annually or when it changes
Study Helper Disqualifications
World Bible School maintains the right to disqualify study helpers for any of the following reasons:
- Failing to follow Christ faithfully
- Failing to practice the great truths taught by the Bible
- Teaching or promoting doctrines or teachings not in agreement with the Bible or the World Bible School curriculum
- Communicating or acting immorally with students
- Communicating or acting belligerently, distastefully, or rudely towards students, other teachers, or World Bible School
- Making requests to other WBS users for financial assistance or any other physical resources.
- Operating disingenuously towards students, other study helpers, or World Bible School
- Failing to adhere to World Bible School guidelines for Follow-up (see below)
- Communicating with students outside the usual WBS channels for the purpose of bypassing review by World Bible School
- Consistently failing to meet the expectations of a study helper as noted above
World Bible School (WBS) defines follow-up as the voluntary (unpaid) act of contacting and assisting WBS students who request face-to-face personal Bible study or who desire to be baptized.
Acceptable Follow-up includes:
- Submitting a Follow-up Request through the WBS Follow-up system
- Referring students to websites listed on the WBS Additional Studies Resources page (located on www.worldbibleschool.net); The Antioch Initiatives, or contacts not specifically listed in the Follow-up system but recommended by WBS
Prohibited Follow-up activity includes:
- Sending students to websites not authorized by World Bible School
- Collecting student contact information for the purpose of disseminating information not in the World Bible School curriculum without written permission from World Bible School
- Using curriculum not authorized in writing by World Bible School
- Referring students to any persons or organizations without the direction of World Bible School
WBS reserves the right to interpret these standards on a case-by-case basis. By agreeing to teach with World Bible School, you are submitting to the sometimes subjective, always human interpretation of these standards.
Privacy and Review
World Bible School can review any communications between study helpers and a student.
Study Helpers will provide copies of communication between a study helper and students done outside of the website upon request by World Bible School. For example, World Bible School may ask a study helper to forward to WBS an email thread between the study helper and a student.
Study Helpers may appeal a disqualification decision by writing World Bible School at:
P.O. Box 2169 Cedar Park, TX 78630
By teaching any World Bible School students you are agreeing to the terms and standards defined in this agreement.
This document was last updated on April 23, 2020